Barrick Gold, Asia-Pacific
An integrated marketing strategy with the focus on recruitment. This included rebranding, developing collateral as well as ongoing media planning, buying and strategy.
The mining industry is highly competitive when it comes to recruitment. Finding suitable people with specialised skills in a labour market where several large companies are competing to attract a similar workforce presents challenges.
Barrick’s original recruitment brand was based on the company’s international brand and needed to be refreshed and localised to make it more appealing to potential employees, and help position it as an Employer of Choice within Australia.
Barrick wanted to enhance its recruitment image, increase its brand recognition and multiply the number of quality enquiries from potential employees.
Barrick appointed Mitara to refresh the brand, and provide ongoing media planning and buying for their Asia-Pacific sites and head office.
As part of this “whole” approach, Mitara assisted in managing all marketing aspects of Barrick’s recruitment including:
- Refreshing the Barrick Asia-Pacific brand, with a focus on recruitment
- Conducting a photo shoot to feature in all future marketing collateral of locally based employees performing various roles at various sites within Australia
- Based on the new design theme, creating a range of recruitment collateral including Careers Expo display material, videos, posters, banners and other promotional material.
- Designing a range of mono and colour recruitment newspaper and magazine advertisements to be used as templates for all future recruitment ad placements
- Developing an online newspaper booking systems for all Asia Pacific sites to access and book ongoing recruitment ads with Mitara
- Providing ongoing advertisement designs and media bookings and placements for Barrick Asia-Pacific
- Managing media planning and budgets with both individual mine-sites and head office.
What the client says:
Barrick Gold Corporation
“The Mitara team continue to impress us with their collaboration style and delivery of quality, progressive recruitment branding. Not only have they exceeded expectations but have consistently provided a customer service level that makes us want to engage them for continued work. Brilliant!”
project Online ad booking system
project Recruitment DVD
project Pull up banners for exhibition displays
project Photoshoot and poster series
project Newspaper recruitment ads